Places of interest near Aynsome Manor Hotel
The Lake District National Park has been developed for those who appreciate the pleasures of the countryside. For the guest who wishes to relax, the area is blessed with quiet woodland walks, unique locations for the artist, naturalist and photographer with scenic routes for the motorist seeking something different.
"The Cartmel Peninsula's green and rolling landscape enfolds Cartmel village, an entirely charming tangle of whitewashed and greystone houses along narrow lanes,
above whose slate roofs rises the bulk of the Norman Priory Church." - The Sunday Telegraph.
Aynsome Manor is located close to the village of Cartmel in the South of Cumbria allowing easy access to the many well known places and visitor attractions around the South of Cumbria and the Southern and Central English Lake District. We have included a selection of visitor attractions below.
L´Enclumes idyllic riverside location in the historic village of Cartmel, is the perfect location for Simon Rogan´s cooking.
In the dining room you can feel the roughness of the buildings original purpose, now married to its new contemporary direction.
A relaxed and cosy environment where you can
sample some of the very best the English lake
district has to offer. Please visit www.lenclume.co.uk for more information.
- Cartmel Priory - A 12th Century priory with guided tours in Summer
- Holker Hall - Large gardens, park land, courtyard cafÃ©, food hall and gift shop.
- Levens Hall near Kendal - Famous for its topiary garden
- Brantwood Museum at Coniston - Home of John Ruskin, poet, artist and critic
- Hill Top Farm - Beatrix Potter's Lake District home in Sawrey
- Dove Cottage in Grasmere - Residence of William Wordsworth
- Abbot Hall art gallery - An art gallery & museum of Lakeland Life in Kendal
- Sizergh Castle near Kendal - Well known for its fine Elizabethan furniture
- Brockhole Visitors Centre - The official Lake District visitors centre by Lake Windermere
- Windermere Lake Cruises - Gentle cruises along the full length of Lake Windermere
- Aquarium of the Lakes at Lakeside - Discover the secret life of Lakeland's aquatic wonders
- Grizedale Forest - Forest sculpture, waymarked walking and cycling trails, play area, visitor centre
- Haverthwaite Steam Railway - Lovingly restored steam locomotives haul comfortable coaches through the contrasting Lake and river scenery of the beautiful Leven Valley
- Lakeland Motor Museum at Backbarrow a unique collection of some 30,000 exhibits.
Certificate of Excellence
Aynsome Manor Hotel